Sha Booya

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Waxed Chapstick

So I never knew that chapstick is nothing but a stick of wax. Or maybe it's just like that with the ones with spf, I don't know. Well I was driving to my aunt's house and I was at a red light. So my usual routine at this time is to unbury my chapstick from under some change and apply it. Well, it was so hot in my car that when I opened the cap, completely liquefied chapstick spilled across my shirt. Oh great, it was on my hands and fingers and some spattered on the car seat. Once it hit my shirt and skin it hardened just like wax. I had to peel it off my finger. My shirt wasn't that lucky. Anyone know how to get chapstick out of cotton??
The fun part was when I went to the store. I debated whether to put on my jacket to hide the wax or not. I thought I would probably look more ridiculous with a jacket on in the heat then to have a wax covered shirt. So I went in to buy some hot fries (yum!) and I used the bag of chips to cover up my stain. I think the cashier did notice and gave me a look but I just pretended all was well and then quickly left the store.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    My boss Matt rails against chapstick...saying that it EATS AWAY YOUR LIPS! Apparently, the main ingredient is petroleum...so it's kind of like putting gas on your lips. YUCK. Makes me think twice about putting on the stuff...but I still do it...because his alternative is...ready? Olive oil. Um, yeah, I can just see me carting a bottle around in my purse.

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    I tend to agree with Claire's boss. I heard that they put stuff in it that makes your lips dry out even more unless you keep applying the stuff. Kind of like tobacco, just different.

    And Claire, haven't you ever read Song of Solomon? I think one of two talks about oil dripping from their lips or something. So Matt must be more of a christian than you and read his bible more! hahahahahaaha...

     
  • At 4:27 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Hey, I just thot, was it red? Cause if so, maybe the clerk\whatever thot you had just killed someone and that you were buying supplies to cover it up...

     
  • At 12:44 AM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    No it wasn't red. It was just the clear kind. Good thought though.

     
  • At 9:21 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Bummer. It would have made for a very interesting blog, eh? Oh well, I guess real life can be too interesting sometimes without imagining extra things...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home