Sha Booya

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My 4th of July

Happy late 4th of July everybody. I haven't done any brain-storming lately about blog publishing, so I'll just write about my day on the 4th of July. To start the morning, I woke up around 8 to get ready for the parade. I wasn't excatly going to see one, I was going to be in one. Last week my dad was telling mom and I about his supervisor wanting people to volunteer to be in the 4th of July parade, and no was too interested. Who could blaim them, it's their day off. So to cut the story short my dad and I were in the parade together representing the temple terrace postal office, woo woo! Among a few others of course. I thought it would be cool to ride some big float, but to my dismay we had to walk the 2 miles, oh well.
It was a very hot, muggy day. Let me tell ya, I felt that 2 miles in the heat once I got home. I laid on the couch and couldn't get up for a few hours. It was so pathetic. So anyway, it still was fun. People would shout from the crowd, "Hey! There goes my mailman!" as they pointed to my dad. I was so very proud. Kids would yell "Happy Forth!" to you just to get some beads and candy. One girl screamed at me persisting to get blue beads, "Throw it!". One father of a little girl got a little angry with me because I wouldn't give over my awesome 4th of July hair band with those springy stars on top. The beads just weren't good enough, he wanted my parade attire too! "You're gonna deny by little girl your hat??", Oh please, you know you wanted my band for your own head. No, but your right, I should of just died to myself and handed it over along with all my other decorations.
Well it was all over and no one got hurt. After lounging on the couch I went to "work". I dropped off a patient's laundry at the hospital (hey, he was gonna pay me $20 for one load!). Then drove out of town to take care of my Aunt's pets. THHHEEENNNN I went to bayshore to watch some fireworks with some friends. Speaking of these friends let me tell you a little about them.
It started with reuniting with a good high school friend of mine. And it's so awesome because God has worked in her life these past 3 years as he has in mine. She even keeps the sabbath for goodness sake and wants to live in Israel someday. Wow, so anyway, we've been hanging out again and it's been awesome. Well she has introduced to some kids. Zarrell (6), Showeday(9) and her own that she adopted Amalia (3). They are the greatest kids! The first time I met them, at the park, Showeday was already my best friend, holding my hand, telling me about her mom and all this stuff. Then Zarrell is just so hyper and always has this cute lil smile on his face and asks me all these questions. And Amalia is the smartest little thing. They have taught me all these new games, like sha sha, sha booya. So yeah, last night all of us together went to see some fireworks. So it was a pretty good day. Hope all of yours went well too.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Hahahahaha. Serves you right to walk. Thinking you were gonna ride a float! Pshaww!!! The only way that would happen is if the PO raised stamps up to a $1.50.

    Glad you survived it ok tho. And I certainly wish my work was as hard as yours :)

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    Wow! Glad your 4th went so awesomely. I went down the street to watch some neighbor's fireworks show in his yard. haha. They were so close you could hear the ashes raining down through the trees!

    Sounds like you're still well on your way to being a kindergarten teacher :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home