Sha Booya

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Frugal Daughter

"I just love shopping with our frugal daughter", Mom laughs as she shows Dad the $5.00 evening gown that I bought at the thrift store for half off. Maybe for the next cruise to the Carribbean, who knows. =) It got me thinking though. I really am a bargain hunter, and I love it! I've never been big on going to the malls, or any expensive place for clothes. It's just no fun that way. I even got my graduation skirt from a thrift store for $2, but I changed my mind about it because my mom said that I looked like a bag, so woe is me I got a skirt at the mall for $24 instead.
Seeking out deals has been one of my lil joys in life. One recent example, my friend and I rearranged the living room the other week and it got me all inspiried to make some some changes in the room and in the house. Let me give you a little price list. Palm plant, $12. Wall art, $30 something. Lamp table, $10. Two matching bronze lamps $5 each. Well that's it so far. Not too bad if I say so myself. So this is what has been consuming my mind late at night when I can't sleep. How to arrange this and that and how to decorate the living room and this messy guest room I've been working on. So if you're ever in the area stop on by and see our cheap, thrifty home decor, ha ha.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    I share your compulsion for finding great bargains ( although I have to confess that I actually do the full price thing half the time.) There is no greater joy than finding a good deal...and then whenever you get a compliment on it, you can whip around and blurt out, "THRIFT STORE! THREEEE DOLLARS!"

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    Hahaha! Lisa, I've almost never known a moment when you HAVEN'T responded "thrift store" to a compliment.

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Well, if you're saving money like that, how about sending me some? I believe in helping the economy, and would spend it wisely on anime...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home