Sha Booya

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Salsa Y Merengue

The other night my friend who lives behind me invited me to a dance lesson. I was scared but I said "hey why not?". I hadn't seen her in a while so I thought it would be fun just to spend some time with her. So we went on Monday and on those nights it's salsa dancing. I kinda always wanted to learn, especially during my high school days when all my friends were Hispanic. I thought I knew how but they always said I was doing it all wrong. Then there was the time I tried to teach Elizabeth in the bathroom of Margaritas, ha, that was unsucessful. Well anyway I had a fun time at the lesson. I quote the instuctor, "I want to teach you so you can all say, "wow! I didn't know my hips could do that." It was all relaxing until the instructor said those dreaded words, "partner up!". My stomach went to the size of a pea at that. It wasn't all that bad, I danced with a instuctor guy so he guided me step by step, literally. We partnered up again and I danced with an older chinese guy. By the end I almost got the hang of it. Tonight there is ballroom dancing and I sooo wanted to be there but my friends weren't able to go, o'well.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    I suspect Elizabeth will be green with envy when she finds out :)

     
  • At 11:12 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    You're so brave! Who needs flight school when you've got dancing lessons!? Hmmm, this could be a new weight-loss venture: join dance lessons for a stomache the size of a pea! :)

     
  • At 8:24 PM , Blogger maldrich said...

    sounds like loads of fun down there~ I especially enjoyed the pic in my mind of you and a short Chinese man. That's kind of cute!

     
  • At 9:43 AM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    Great blog. I'm really curious about the dancing instructions in Margarita's bathroom, but I'm not sure I want to go there.

     
  • At 12:55 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    This I would have liked to see. Sounds like fun!

    Are you going to be 'up north' this summer?

     
  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    My family and me might be going up to Maine sometime, but I don't think i'll make it to Fairwood this summer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home