Sha Booya

Sunday, June 12, 2005

"Oh Miss Lisa"

Today I started my official career as Sunday School teacher. It has been something i've been looking forward to for the last couple of months. Look at me getting involved in the church. Yay! I planned to make sun-catchers with Katie (my only student, or so I thought). I spent a good amount of time shredding different crayon colors so we could use those to decorate the pattern and then you melt the crayons with an iron. Well anyway, this morning I got all the supplies ready but when I got to church I realized one thing, I forgot the crayon shreds! Ugh! I was so mad at myself. Now we couldn't make them. So I went into a little panic because I didn't know what to do for class. If it was just Katie then it wouldn't of been a big deal, but more kids were showing up! Ok well, 2 more kids. My mom suggested that we make father's day cards and I thought that was a great idea. It was lotsa fun. Katie told me every minute what Mrs. Peggy (the just retired teacher) usually has them do at this time. I should write my name on the board, I should do this and that and some other things. One of the boys thought that I should be a student not a teacher because I was so short. The other kid drew killer whales and squids and burped the alpabet for me. The other boy would burp back. It was like they were speaking another language to each other for a long time. Katie just sat there and told me how good she was being compared to these loud boys. Hurray for teacherdom.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM , Blogger brilynne said...

    hahahhahahahaha...way to go, Lisa!

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    What a talented, pro-active group you had! Way to go and not slap them around...

     
  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    Oh my word! That was so funny about the boys burping the alphabet and behaving in all ways unexpected. I think teaching Sunday School is kind of like life- you think it's all going to be a certain way- safe, manageable, nice...and then, the proverbial "boys" arrive and suddenly, things are thrown into disarray. Sounds like you rolled with the punches pretty well though. Congratulations!

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    HURRAY!!! At least you don't have 40 students who ask questions like, "When, according to Totten, did the children of Israel cross the Red Sea?" What fun! You'll be a most excellent teacher. Have fun and God bless you in it!

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    Miss Lisa! You're going to be such a great kindergarten teacher! I wish I was there to hear you say the word "crayons"...

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

    Yeah Miss Lisa! Sounds like you will have some interesting tales to tell!

    Love you!

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    As long as you are taller than they are, that's all that counts. Keep them in line with an iron fist.

     
  • At 1:55 PM , Blogger Kayla said...

    Hurrah! What a lot of stuff you withstood! Too bad you weren't MY sundayschool teacher when I was that age. I think you would have been too much fun.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home