Sha Booya

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Gator Land

Whenever i'm feeling stressed or have a lot on my mind, the best thing for me to do is spend some time in the great outdoors. I'm sure some of you can relate. Nothing can do you better then a brief hike in the woods. Well that's what I did today. My dad and I set off in his miata to go to this canal that i've been going to forever. The sun was low in the clouds so the crickets were buzzing and the mosquitos were biting. The cyprus trees and hanging spanish moss surrounding me siloetted against the setting sun. My dad took me to a little watering hole and then we continued on to the canal. I spotted 3 alligators and they were actually swimming, fast! My dad was bird and gator watching as I picked some weeds (pretty yellow weeds). As I listened I could hear the cars and trucks roaring by on interstate I-75. I tried not to let that tamper with my moment in the open field with the weeds and the gators. Well this was all kinda random but it can be a lil reminder that when things look big just go take a little walk. =)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Absolutely! Worked for me when I was in Bible School: huh, there's a bigger world out there than all the worries I've managed to cram in the lil ol' Main House. Mountains! Stars! Bugs! :o)

    Love you!
    Lisa

     
  • At 3:21 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Hurrah for Spanish Moss! Did you hear those awesome, wicked loud bugs? I'm glad you didn't get eaten by the gators. And thanks for the stress relief tip!

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Sounds like an amusement park. You could sell tickets, get rich and then do whatever you wanted to! Just think of the possibilities...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home