Sha Booya

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The next best thing to Steve Irwin

After church a number of us went to Sonny's BBQ to get some lunch. Well there was a little bit of excitement going on. When we parked we noticed that there was a truck with some alligator name and it had a trailer with a cage on it. We thought, oh boy, what is going on here? Well I went inside and some of our other party were all excited about the alligators outside. I went out there to look and sure enough, there were 5 alligators in the back of the cage, growling and hissing with their mouths wrapped up in electrical tape. Then there was the alligator hunter himself. He had on a shirt with a picture of a man wrestling a gator and it said,"Fishing is for sissies.". There was a funny bumper sticker on his truck too but I can't remember what it was. Something about gator hide. I didn't see it myself, but apparently he was outside rolling around in the grass wrestling a gator trying to get tape around it's mouth. So sad I missed it.
Well the poor reptiles were to be shot and their hide and meat sold away. They were captured for eating people's dogs in the area. One of them was found in the Sonny's parking lot! I found that quite alarming, maybe it was under our car and we would of never known it. Now, the moment you've been waiting for....a little gator 101, or something like it.

1. I like them alright.
2. They eat dogs.
3. They are transported from Florida to Jordan in the middle east oddly enough.
4. When they lay eggs, the batch is either all males or all females, and that is determined by how hot it is outside.
5. I sat on one once (you'll just have to wonder).
6. And they are the best college football team ever. GOOOOO GATORS!!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:37 AM , Blogger Booker said...

    Well, if they eat little yappy dogs, they are alright in my books...

     
  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger melrandall said...

    Didn't we learn fact #3 at UHL? Peacock feathers never fade!!!

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    No I read it in an Israel tour guide book I think.

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Blogger ahappywife said...

    I think the next best thing to Steve Irwin would be shay irwin, oh-one-who-sat-on-a-gator!

    but seriously, GO NOLES!

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger maldrich said...

    I think I would seriously like to be freed from the wonderment of the sitting-on-gator bit. However, please don't feel the need to demonstrate.

     
  • At 6:41 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    It's not a big thing really. When I was about 9 I was at a gator park and went to a show and they picked me to be a volunteer. So I went out on stage and they had me hold a gator and then I sat on one to get a picture taken. Thanks for being curious. =)

     
  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Hey, just to let you know, your juno account is saying it's full. i tried to send you the birthday update for this month and it got bounced back. Just so you know...

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    You were picked out as a volunteer?! You are so brave and heroic!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home