Sha Booya

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Encounter with Evil

Lately i've been thinking about what my first encounter with a roach will be like since coming home again and what I would do. When I come home on break just about everytime I see a roach and it's always so tramatic. Before bible school it would happen once and a while but I was kinda use to it. Now, coming from no bug land, I have to face the facts and deal with the critters once again. But i'm not used to it anymore! It terrifies me to no end. I keep my bedroom light on at night so none will come out and greet me as I go to bed. I check under my bed sheets. I always check the shower curtains too, that's just a must.
Well that dreaded day finally came. I got home around 11:30 at night and was about to write a blog and I turned on the light and for some reason turned to look behind me. I didn't have my glasses or contacts on so I just saw this black blob on the wall. I just thought over and over "This is it! This is it!". Ew, it was a big sucker too. Now comes the decision. Well for one thing it HAS to die. If I leave this room knowing that there is an alive cockroach out to get me I won't be able to sleep in this house, or at least anywhere near the area where I saw it. So as for the decision, do I grab a shoe, wack it, get smugges on the wall and have a tramatizing experience or do I get the Raid mata Hormigas Y Cucarachas spray, spray it and then have it run off and never know if it actually died to not?
Since the roach was sort of in an incovient spot to easily smack it, I decided to go with the spray. I walked hastedly to the kitchen, walked by my parent's room and wondered if I should wake them up to kill it, I tried to take deep breaths and said to myself, "Come on Lisa your 20 years old, you can do this without mommy's help!" so I kept walking. I got the spray, prayed to God that it would still be in the exact spot where I left it and continued on down the hall. Thankfully it was still there. I sprayed, it fluttered and fell to the ground and scurried behind the dresser no where to be seen. Rats! I thought, i'll never know if it died or not. Well I went out the room and shut the door and stuffed some clothes under the door to block it's way of any escape. My cell phone rang. It was my friend Amber and I was like, "Gotta go kill a roach, c-ya". I went back to the door wished that it would just come out so I could finish it off once and for all and be able to live in peace again. Well low and behold there was a roach on it's back right infront of the barricade of clothes I just set up! I was so befuddled. How did this roach get out here and suddenly die when I turned my back for one second. And then I thought, well maybe this is another roach and it's been here this whole time. Well I sprayed it and it sure enough wasn't quite dead. It sorta leaped in the air and I just sprayed so much that I almost fell over dead along with it. I guess it was the same roach. It just somehow escape and then fell over dead. I personally think it was a God thing. He wanted me to see that it was going to for sure die and he supernaturally placed it out in the hall and commanded it dead right then. Yep, i'm convinced. All I had to do at that point was stand in front of it, look him square in the..um...bent, hairy legs, and say, "I've won this round buddy!".

Roach 101

1. I hate them.
2. Roaches do not see any kind of red light.
3. They can't hear.
4. They DO bite.
5. Their skeleton is on the outside of their body.
6. They can dance and hop.
7. They have all these little sections in their eyes so they can see at all different angles. So that's why they run so fast when they see you coming.
8. Raid spray really works.
9. They even thrive in Israel (especially the food banks) so watch out!

10 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger brilynne said...

    Way to take the victory by faith!

     
  • At 12:25 AM , Blogger melrandall said...

    HaHA!!! This was a tale worthy of "Croc Hunter!" I'm glad you wrestled your way through the first of many battles...

    And I love the fact that you own "Raid mata Hormigas Y Cucarachas," and you're not afraid to use it.

     
  • At 2:07 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Down with roaches! They are evil! Up with roachspray and the bravery of Lisa!

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

    Sigh. Glad it was you not me. Yuck. Brave Lisa!

     
  • At 2:58 PM , Blogger Cara said...

    not afraid to use raid?!?! I'm NEVER afraid to use raid. I use it whenever possible. I use it to kill wasps. I use it to kill ants. I use it to kill any foul bug. ACtually, I usually just use my shoe. But I do prefer raid.

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    I love how you said it was "a God thing." I guess if He notices when a sparrow falls, He notices ( and takes part even?) when a roach falls. You're so funny and such a good writer!

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    The title of this post sounds like some movie. Maybe you should do a "blairwitch" budget type movie, then you could rake in millions.[you will notice I am full of ideas on how other people can make millions]

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Kayla said...

    What bravery and heroism! The thought of roaches sets me on edge. I had never once seen one in all the numerous times I'd been to Florida and then when we went down with the bibleschool my dad had to enlighten us all about such evils which gave me a paranoid time of falling asleep that night. Oh dear. At least there is just one less roach blemishing our world thanks to your spraying technique.

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    So did you get rid of it or just leave it laying in the hall? Cause that would be gross.

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    I left it there throught the night because I was scared that it might still be alive. So in the morning I got the swiffer duster, and the roach latched right on and then I threw it in the trash.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home