Sha Booya

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Getting mail with Mom

When my mom and me go out to the store, she of course wants to get the mail before we leave so I can sort through it and tell her if there is anything important or not. Well, she doesn't walk out to the mail box to get it, she'll do it the "easy way" and drive up to the mailbox and get it right from the window. But the thing is, the mailbox is on the left side of the rode from our driveway so she driving into oncoming traffic. She thinks nothing of it, but here I am on the passenger side looking wide eyed at the car coming head on closer and closer. She finds all the mail, closes the cover, rolls up the window. "A little faster mom". The oncoming car is pretty close so mom pulls backwards into the driveway really fast. Whew, we made it once again. So this happens about every week or so and it still puts my nerves in a flurry. But she just laughs at me everytime and last week she said, "It just works out so well that way". Mom, I'll just walk out there and get it for you. Really I don't mind! Thankfully no casualties so far.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Just imagine you're in the General Lee and you guys are the Dukes of Hazzard. That will change the whole experience I bet...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home