Sha Booya

Monday, October 31, 2005

Queen of Croquet

(Uncle) Joe didn't know what was coming to him when he invited me to play with the big boys in croquet the other night. I demoslished them all, hahahaha. I didn't really expect to, but it just happened. They said it was the golf lessons i'm taking. Yeah, whatever. I have to rub it in their face somehow and putting on my blog is the #1 solution.
Anywho, life has been busy. I should be doing homework right now, but as always, I play on the computer instead. I figure blogging is part of homework too. It's more important to stay in touch with my friends then learn about DNA replication and the Punic Wars. Actually, now that I've mentioned the Punic Wars, its really been my week's fasination. I'm doing a book report on Hannibal and have to write an essay for the History test coming up on the Punic Wars. And every once and a while mom will shout from the living room, "The Hannibal story is on tv." Yay! I put down the book and snuggle on the couch and watch what I should be reading.
Phonathon is finally over! I only went to two of them. Today they annouced that we won 1st place! So we're not really total losers after all. Speaking of losing, we lost another football game. I actually had fun playing that time, which is a break-through for me. Especially with football. I think deep inside I miss the girls crying out SPORTS TONIGHT! in the kitchen when we were cleaning up after dinner. I would always sigh and struggle with the decision to go or not. But now that i'm with my level of sports people I feel more confident and pumped up to give it all I got for the losers. Man, I can't wait till we start volleyball!
So tonight I went tricker treating with some cousins. I was going to Deb from Nypolean Dynamite. I got a poser outfit and it just wasn't quite right. I figured if it wasn't perfect then no one would have a clue of who I was suppose to be. I ended up being grandma from little red riding hood. My cousin was little red and my uncle, the wolf. Why is it that when I dress up i'm either old, poor, or just tacky?
Ok, need to get back to work. I have 2 tests and a huge speech that's worth 20% of my grade coming up on Friday. Woo!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger Booker said...

    Well, who knew golf would have a practical application? :)

    And when you first mentioned Hannibal, I immediately thot of the other Hannibal, and wondered what was going on in your school, lol...

     
  • At 10:44 AM , Blogger Marie said...

    I wanted to dress up yesterday too, but thought I was too old to go trick or treatin', especially since I didn't really have any one to go with... Helps to have youngin's around to give a reason:)
    Got any pics of you dressed up as lil' ridin' hoods grandma? Wow were the "guys" that you played crouquet with?
    Take care...Lou!

     
  • At 4:48 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    No, it was just Hannibal Barca. It's next month when when we start to study Hannibal Lector ;)

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Lol...

     
  • At 6:02 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    You sound so educated!!! :) And congratulations on your phone-a-thon VICTORY! Yeah, ARETE!

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Shannon, I absolutely LOVE reading your blog! I think yours is one of my all-time favorites. :-) I know I don't comment very often, but every time I read your blogs I go away grinning and all happy just thinking about you and all your funny adventures. Keep up the good work!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home