Sha Booya

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hmm...that's the first time I receieve NO comments at all on a post. What does this tell me? O'well, forward march. Today I feel a lot better. Yesterday I hated school, but it's alright again. It's amazing what sleep can do for you.
When I came home for during my break my mom was painting the hallway! I'm so happy. It's really amazing. The peacock wallpaper is now covered and out of sight. It wasn't really peacock wallpaper.For some reason it looked like that to me. So if you ever decide to do any home improvement, like making a room into a real guess room, it won't stop there. Oh no. It goes on and on and you just can't stop yourself. Well it's something I've learned over the summer. The guess room clean up and redecor begat the rearranged living room (thanks again Marie), the living room begat the painting of the bathroom, the bathroom begat a paint job in the kitchen, the kitchen begat new tile in the kitchen and bathroom, and that begat the painted hallway.
Each time you make a room look nice, the rest of the house looks worse in comparison. So you just keep going until all is unified in color, tone and beauty.
Farewell.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    The hallway begat the kitchen....etc... sounds like geneologies in the Old Testement... each room birthed forth another room;) That's great though, you let the momentum of the beauty of the finished room carry you through. to the next to the next to the next..... hasn't happened at my house:( Good that you're feelin' better. It was good to chat with you last night:)

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    It's comforting to know that no matter how many layers of paint there are, and no matter who may live in that house in the next 50 years, there will always be some wallpaper hidden in that hallway that will never fade.

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    I have to agree with marie, for a second or two I thot I was reading Chronicles II.

    And you have learned a very important lesson. Never start something unless you are prepared to do more than you can imagine to finish it :)

     
  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    Well the whole begat thing was my mom's idea. She thought it pretty amusing. Melissa, you crack me up..how could I have not thought of that?? And one good thing about you being diseased...you've been commenting on almost all my blogs =)

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    I've noticed that cleaning is the same way. I start to straight up, realize I need to vacuum. Vacuum, and notice I need to dust, etc...

     
  • At 1:42 AM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    yes..excatly

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    1:42am in the morning? What begats to that!?! coffee and soda perhaps? lol...

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    I love you Lisa and miss you so much! I haven't been on blogs forever as I have so much responsiblities now at Bible school and am too busy ;) but I looked back on your previous posts today and saw your kitchen pictures! It looks so nice! And I want to come and visit you again so I can admire all the other changes! What fun!

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    haha Ryu..don't be jealous of my night owlatry.

    Hi KJ! Having fun in RI?? Thanks for visiting my blog again. I hope you can come visit soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home