Sha Booya

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Left Behind


A new left behind series has begun. That is, me being left behind by dad so he can go to the feast and leave mom and me behind in this high heat crock pot. So let's see...I think college is becoming a reality now. Midterms draw nigh, papers are due next week and my speech is on the day after the tests. I will conquer! Rats, I just had to look up conquer in the dictionary. I hate when I forget how to spell. So yes! Conquer I will.
I have a pic of the student center which is not that exciting. I brought my camera to school Friday to take some pics and this is as far as I got. I kinda forgot to keep taking pictures when an ambulance arrived and I got distracted. I still don't know what that was all about.
Nothing really exciting happened, it was just simply a good week. Tuesday nurses were at school all day sucking the bloood out of us all (blood donation if that wasn't clear). Well not me, and one of my excuses is that I was just getting over being sick.
But it was fun, being a competition of which society will give the most blood. Being the smallest society we didn't win. Thursday stated out fun because I had golf and no one showed up! It was a little drizzly because of the hurricane so it was just me and my friend Jane, who persisted on me picking her up and driving her to class. Sure it's not like it's that out of the way or anything. So we got the instructor all to ourselves, watching our every move. Which is fine because the golf competitions are coming up.
Thursday night I was at school because our teacher was having a bible review for the test coming up and afterwards I found out about devotions that apparently happen every Thurs night. Huh, wish I knew this before (off campus students always get left out). So I decided to stay for that and I was rather impressed. We sung for the first half hour and then a student gave a message about how we're all sinners. Boy, they sure do concentrate on the bad, but I suppose some students needed to hear it seeing their reaction of tearing up and such. It actually reminded me of well, me a few years ago. Alot of those kids have come from some bad places in their lives and are wanting to escape the old life by coming to this college. So it's encouraging to see their response.
Speaking of sermonettes, my public speaking teacher asked if anyone in the room has ever spoken from the pulpit. Oh dear I thought should I raise my hand or not? Well a few guys raised their hand and I then proudly raised my hand too. Ha, he looks at me and says, "Really?" "Well sort of.". I wish I could of explained myself because the school doesn't encourage the fact of women praying in public (or leading prayer, I'm not sure) and especially not speaking at the pulpit! So now to all in the room I'm a fire-breathing feminist preaher. O'well could be worse I guess.
Happy Feast to you all. Which reminds me, in class we have been learning about the feasts and although to others in the room Passover, First Fruits and Ingathering are just names of old history, to me it's been something much more. As the professor writes the names of the feasts on the board God hasn't let me forget about the fruitful 3 years of feasts that I experienced and that I can still part take of it right here, home or class, and right now.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

    We miss you! But it is nice to have your dad here.

    Enjoy the warmth! It is cool here today!

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    You fire-breathing feminist preacher! You should have told them about your tops'l--that would have straightened everything out. (Or maybe your problems would have just begun?)

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    hey colleg sounds good:) I'm glad your getting that fellowship:) Lisa, did you turn feminist during your last 2 years at bible School when I wasn't there to keep an eye on you;) Jk...
    Tell me again what you are studing... sorry... english or something... sometimes I have a bad memory! Love ya, Marie

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I change my mind almost every week. Currently it's a professional golfer. But if that doesn't work out then maybe elementary ed.

     
  • At 6:29 AM , Blogger Booker said...

    Pulpit pounding, eh? Man, you are just sliding downhill fast, aren't you? heh, heh, heh...

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Amen Lisa! Way to be keeping the Feast from afar! I enjoy doing that - sending up little prayers now and then, backing up the faith of the lucky people at Fairwood. I'm going to join them this weekend - I wish you could too!

     
  • At 5:27 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    Ditto to what Andrea said- Way to go keeping the Feast at home! You RULE, Tiger Noss! Brandon had an awesome meeting this morning- you gotta get da tape. Good luck with your papers and midterms. Go Conquer!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home