Sha Booya

Saturday, September 10, 2005

slowly but surely

First of all, this pic has nothing to do with anything. I just felt like putting a pic here to add interest. I thought was cute that this frog is always hanging out with this metal frog, thinking of it as his own protector.
So lately I've been a little down and out because the biggest point of going to college here was for the christian fellowship. To start life after bible school afresh and anew haveing some companion fellow believers by my side. Well, it just didn't seem to be happening that way. The first day with orientation I knew this might not come so easy. Everyone is all buddy buddy with their room mates and dorm neighbors. The instant I say to someone I'm off campus they just turn around and start walking away! They want nothing to do with an outsider. Even my parking spot is so far away because I don't stay in a dorm. And the people...so white, so cheery, so young. Alright, so it's not the end of the world.
There is good news. Last week after Labor day I finally started to get to know a few girls. One is in my golf class and she needed a ride back to school so I got to know her a little. Then I was talking to this girl in 2 of my classes more and more and she brought me to her dorm room. Yay! first time in the dorms! Then I find out that her roommate is the one who sits next to me in chapel (asigned seating). Then the girl from my golf class I just wrote about comes in the room. I then find out that she is the roommate of the girl i've been talking to in my eng. and bible class. Ok one more...my very first friend that I met at orientation was lost forever. I was always looking for her but I never saw her. Well bible class gets out and there she is coming out the other door. She was in my bible class that whole time! She was looking for me too she said, but unfortunely I changed my shirt. Ha ha, get it? Then she invited me to her dorm room. Yes 2 visits in the same week. THEN it turns out that all these girls are in the same Arete club as me. Coincidence? I think not. God is just so good at putting the pieces all together way before you even have the slightest clue about anything. Here I thought I was an old college freshman doomed to eternal lonliness, but thankfully he had other plans. So slowly BUT SURELY I'm meeting some nice people.
I don't know if anyone else does this. But after leaving bible school I'm trying to find my new Mel, my new KJ, my new BJ and so forth. Well I've only found one. My new BJ! During our softball game she was guiding me where to stand and what to do. She has this great sense of humor and she is just all around cool like B :p So one down and 7 to go.
Oh and I went to the "talent show" tonight with Amber. It was pretty good despite some accidents. Once these boys were on the stage doing stunts with their bike and skateboard and one boy was break dancing in the back ground. Well they decide to be cool and all jump and bike off the front of the stage. Well the guy on the bike jumps down and wacks this old guy sitting in the audience and then he tries to play it off spinning his bike around and just ends up almost hitting the man in the face with his back tire. Yeah, real talented.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Hey Now, there can only be one BJ! :) but I'm glad you found a "kind of substitute" :) Nice to hear that God is looking out for you :)

     
  • At 8:59 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Wonderful news, Lisa! Way to break into the on-campus crowd. I loved how more and more people kept coming into the story - the whole thing seemed to have been very well orchestrated by Someone. Praise the Lord!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home