Sha Booya

Thursday, August 11, 2005

yay, it's done!

I'm happy to say that two dreaded things that made my summer look scary are over. The first thing was my algebra class. I had my last class/finals on Tuesday. God really did carry me through, and far better then expected. The next thing was getting my wisdom teeth out. All four of them at once, all impacted. It was the easiest thing ever. Thankyou to those who prayed for me. I went to the surgeon at 7:30am. Went to the room where they straped me down, put in an iv, and put oxygen over my nose. When they did that I was like oh no, quick! have to tell him I won't be around next for the check up. "I'm going on vacation, but i'll call you when I get back", and then I was out. Whew, did it. 20 minutes later they carried me to the recovery room, but I don't remember that at all. 20 minutes later I woke up and they asked if I was ready to go home. I couldn't believe it was already over. They carried me to the car, just like you said Claire, like an old lady. I slept at home and when I woke up I just started bleeding like mad. Blood was everywhere, I was trying to chage the guaze in my mouth but was no good. I had to do it over and over. It just kept gushing. I was panicing because mom went to the store, and I just thought that it would never stop! It was like a horror movie, but I'll say no further on that. I prayed that it would just stop, PLEASE. After a few minutes it did stop and I went back to sleep. So far I haven't experience any pain, but my cheeks are still swelled up like a chipmunk's. The only nusiance I see, other then the bleeding, is that i'm so hungry all the time. Yesterday I could only drink cold drinks and I would of done anything for a big fat steak . At least today I can go beyond the drinks and eat a big tub of KFC's mashed potatoes!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    HURRAY! I'm so glad to hear it went so well. After telling you I'd better not be up at that time in the morning, I did wake up about 7, said a quick prayer, rolled over and was asleep again. :) Can't wait to see your chipmunk face!

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    glad to hear you didn't swallow any blood. Cause then you wouldn't have felt like eating anything, much less a steak :)

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger brilynne said...

    glad to hear it went ok!

     
  • At 2:03 AM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    And HURRAH for being done with Algebra!!! Congratulations on that. And I can't wait to see you! Wooooo hoooooo!

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger melrandall said...

    YAY!!! Congratulations! I prayed for you, but I think it was after the surgery happened, so maybe I was praying for the bleeding to stop...

    Too bad there weren't any great stories to tell about awesome things you said in your groggy state... oh well; betre luk nect time :)

    Happy real vacation!

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    Um, I prayed for you...er, right now, days after the event, since I read all the comments and felt guilty I HADN'T prayed for you.

    You know how everyone in Israel is all bonded with everyone else because they've all been in the IDF and they all love swapping army stories? Well I was just thinking that wisdom teeth is kind of the bonding thing for Americans. Everyone is always anxious to tell their story, and every else pities them and their great friends.

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    I mean, they pity them and THEY'RE great friends as a result, not they pity them and pity their great friends as well. Grammar, grammar, grammar...

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    Hey, congrats on the algebra class. Hope that it wasn't too dreadful. Enjoy the rest of your summer while you still have it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home