Sha Booya

Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Adventures with Sara

I just love it when new englanders come to visit me. God has been good to me once again with a wonderful visit from Sara L. I'm so glad it worked out for her to come! I told her soon after graduation, "I'm already feeling it girl (that is, the horrid blothpick feeling) so you better come visit me this summer." Well she got the tickets, even after my threats and my constantly calling and IMing her to see if she got them yet.

Well if you're going to be bored with my list of what we did then stop reading now... OK, so, first off I surprised her (sorta) with tickets to the devil rays vs. red sox game that I just purchased the day before. She pretty much knew that was most likely what the surprise was going to be (thanks alot Kimberly). Well it was that scary game when Clement got hit in the face by the ball. We had no idea what was going on because when you're actually at the game they don't tell you nothin, as i'm sure most of you know. But thankfully he's doing ok now. The game went on and what a good game it was! I didn't even know who to cheer for. I was pulled between my home team, and my other home team (by heart). I just decided to go for the devil rays because they needed my support. There were way more red sox fans then devil ray fans it seemed.

So that was that. My mom had tickets to Busch Gardens so we took advantage and went there the next day. I wanted to ride the new roller coaster Shieka that goes straight 90 degrees down. Well Sara needed to work her way up in the roller coaster world so we started out small and worked our way to the bigger coasters. Poor Andrea got pushed on the scariest one the first thing when I went with her (sorry Andrea). That was the roller coaster we got on last and it was still a big no no for Skieka.

The next day after I got out of class we went to a cool store when they have all name brand clothes but it's all thifth store prices called Plato's closet. Now i can't remember what we did. O'well, Friday we painted the kitchen, most of it. Saturday we went canoeing. I also should say that the whole time here we were gator hunting. Sara wanted to see one in the wild so we were on a mission. But no gators were seen on that day. But we did get lost! How we got lost on a little river I'm not really sure, but we accomplised it. We just passed the place where we were suppose to stop and get out, but we got there eventually (45 minutes later).

Saturday night we went to see a Wizard of Oz play with my Dad, Robbie and Katie. That was pretty fun, the performance was a little sad, but hey, it was their opening night and they were all nervous i'm sure. My uncle wants me to audition for the next play coming up, Charlie Brown the musical! Something very small inside of me wants to audition just for the fun of it, but not a musical. That's just too much.

Then Sunday we went to church and had a bible sword competition. Then you'll have to go to Sara's blog to read her story about our lunch afterwards (Saralee85.blogspot.com) hehehe, poor girl. So it was funny because she always attracted some kind of attention. She was either wearing her red sox shirt or she would just look spanish. Like for example, she was wearing her Damon shirt and some drunk guy just yells out "Yankee" and then he was like, "I thought that would get your attention." Then at the airport some guy waiter said after we sat down,"I can't believe you seated a red sox fan" to the other waiter. Oh brother! Get a life. Then the spanish thing. People would just start speaking spanish to her out of no where. She does look spanish, especially down here with her black curly hair. Then people thought I was spanish too because I was with her. Even on the canoe, when we were soaking up the nature around us some guys shout "HOLA!" to us from the bank.

Monday we went to Rainbow Springs with Lori and Jimmy. It was a pretty nice day, and it never rained, just thundered a little. Sara and I took a walk and she was in awe of the huge spider and I kept trying to catch little bugs to throw in the web. Then we were on our way back and she gasped and grabbed my arm and I was like what is wrong with this girl?? But I looked down and saw a snake next to us on the side walk and I started laughing. Then the sad Tuesday came. We took one last expedition to find some gators at Lettace Lake Park. We were getting on the boardwalk and this time I gasped and wacked Sara (on accident) because I didn't want her to walk right past the snake making his way off the boardwalk. She took a picture and then we kept going. Lo and behold a GATOR! Just a baby one but it was a victorious sighting only a few hours before I had to drive her to the airport. We walked to the tower and saw 2 more gators! It was a happy time. Usually when you look for them you never find them, well we proved that theory wrong. So it was awesome. Thankyou Sara for coming, and I miss you and hope to see you soon!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Holy Canoly! Now that was a post! Very interesting too.

    About the whole musical thing, why Charlie Brown? I never understood America's attraction to such a loser...

     
  • At 11:45 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    Derrick, you are so heartless. You probably LIKE the ones where Lucy pulls the ball away so Charlie will land flat on his back... AAAAARRRGH!!

    Lisa, you should do it! You'd be awesome! We did part of that musical at school. I had the key role of painting the bushes around Snoopy's house... YES. They were pretty sweet.

    Thanks for a super awesome report. HA! you didn't tell me everyone thought she was Spanish! That's hilarious! Glad you guys had an awesome time.

    p.s. I might just come that Friday after all... we shall see.

     
  • At 11:57 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    Hurray! I'm so glad you had such a blast together! I wish it worked out for me to join you for the Red Sox game. I didn't mean to ruin the surprise... I had no idea and I was just thinking what fun it would be if I could have come too! :) Oh well, another day will come. I'm looking forward to our short visit later this month!! Luv ya and miss ya!

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Yay for your good time together! But alas for the failed Shiekra attempt, yet again. Poor Lisa. Someday...!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home