Sha Booya

Monday, July 25, 2005

Guest Room finally done

Remember this old shot of the guest room/computer room? Well when I posted this old pic I had no idea how the room really would turn out. Well my inspiration came from Jane Austin movie watching and reading Pride and Prejudice. And because I'm just interested in the victorian times! So I decided to put my obsession with the 1800's into use and decorate the room with that kind of theme. Of course I don't have 1000's of dollars to spend on antiques or anything, but with a little thirft store shopping, and a little bit of scouting my parents room I captured my my vision close enough. Tell me what you think.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    I'm ASTOUNDED!!! Truly amazing...espcially that it was done on such a budget.

     
  • At 11:26 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Yay Lisa!!! It's beautiful! Can I come stay in it? I love that you love the 1800s - that is my very favorite period for Literature. Hurrah for the good old days!

     
  • At 5:24 AM , Blogger Booker said...

    Wow, I'm impressed. See, anything can be done if ones mind is put to it...

     
  • At 5:22 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    I wish that I could use a size 40 font to say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It's completely beautiful. Having SEEN the "before" in person, I am thoroughly amazed and impressed and in awe. Jane A. would be proud.

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

    That room looks so neat and inviting! You did an impressive job! Thanks for sharing the results with us!

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    Rats... I definitely posted my comment in the wrong place... must be on one of the actual pictures... find it and realize that I posted it before reading the other comments so I'm not copying these other peoples :)
    GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    Ditto to all of the above. Looks great.

     
  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Kayla said...

    Pulchritudinous!!! Very tastefully done, and expressing all the elegance of that marvelous period.

    Can I come visit you now?:D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home