Sha Booya

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Arete

Arete-greek for virture? or something like that. Well Arete is the society I'm in. There are like 5 or 6 different societies and I picked this one because I heard that they weren't the very athletic ones, haha. Well the different societies play against each other in sports. Today was our first game! We played softball against Phi Beta. They won, no surprise, 5 to 1. I struck out very gracefully if I may say so myself. But it was really exciting because I've never been in a club or team before that competes against other teams.
CREST- Christian research explorers in science something something something. Yeah uh...this is the other club i'm in. I'm only in it because I'll get extra credit in biology. I should also be in the WTO something club that's meeting tonight, but I think I'm all clubbed out. This is the women only club that does devotions, has guest speakers come in and even teaches how to make communion bread. wooo!
Ok I feel way to distacted to write anything else. Have a good day everyone!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM , Blogger lis said...

    Have a good day, too, Shannon! I am so happy to hear about your exciting college adventures! :O)

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Communion bread, eh? Hmmm, so you're taking college classes to make communion bread and play golf? I don't know about that :)

     
  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    Yeah isn't college just so great...at least I can pretend.

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Marie said...

    your blog made me smile and laugh a gentle little laugh... clubs eh... that Crest one sounds interesting... are you going to make topsi'ls too?:)JK...
    (I hope that was ok to joke about...I've worn one soo)
    Shabbat Shalom Shay...Oh yeah I saw the makeover pics from your guest room , looked awesome... I wanna see now with my own eyes... can you post some pics of your bath room and living room... did you do your parents room yet? Don't remember.... take care, Marie

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Laughter said...

    Aww, Shay... I was reading around in your blog and it just made me realise how much I love you!

    So I thought I'd tell you. :)

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    awwww thanks! I love you too! =)

     
  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Get out of town! I'm going to be teaching my Classical Literature class about "arete" tomorrow! I'm introducing it in the context of Jason's Quest for the Golden Fleece - but hey, softball is good, too:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home