Sha Booya

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The new phase of life begins.......

So I hate these comment spammers. Is there anything I can do about it? I feel so overwhelmed right now and classes haven't even started! O'well, I'm sure it's perfectly normal freshman panic syndome or something. Well I didn't make it in the choir, but I'm kinda releived. I think the Lord knew that maybe it would be too much for me right now. At least I tried, and at least I was in the Fairwood Choir for 3 whole years =). Now I can join some other club i've been looking into.
Well I'm excited, I think. Can I tell you all my classes?? Ok so first there is Western Civ of course. Then English 1102, History and Geography: Old Testament (everyone has to have some kind of bible class every weekday). Then there is Biology and the lab with that and Golf I and Public Speaking.
Yesterday was orientation. It started at 8 and went on and on. I got home finally at 4 but then had to go back again for the the teacher ceremony. Devotions started at 9:30 but at that point I couldn't do anymore. I was so tired, I took off my dress shoes and ran a long way to my car in the pouring rain. It was really fun actually and it helped to get rid of some of that building stress.
So just about everyone I met was from some another state. I talked to only 2 Florida people. People were pretty nice but I felt a little out of the loop because everyone there is living on campus except maybe 10%. So everyone is walking around with their new best friend, their roommate. I walked around with a girl from Idaho for a little while. I'm so glad she stepped on my shoes from behind me or we wouldn't of never met. She reminded me of a young Pat M. =) And she was obsessed with Disney. She had a disney shirt on but then later I noticed her disney purse. Oooh my. But I don't know if I'll ever see her again. Then some boy from Georiga started talking to me on and on about how he wants to open a Chic-fil-la some day and how rich he's going to be. "That's just great" I thought, moving on now. I sneaked away as he started talking with another group. Twice we got together in a little group and some "older" students talked about the rules of the school and dressing modestly and all that. Alot of the students didn't take the rules so well. Then we played stupid games like flemigo tag. I won't even explain. I have to go back to school to meet with the group one more time in about 1 hour. Ok enjoy the rest of your summer.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Spammers-all you can do is delete their comments. Sadly.

    Sounds like college is going to be lots and lots of fun, lol. GOLF 1?!? hey, whatever floats ur boat :)

     
  • At 6:44 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    "your mom goes to college..."

    Yay for the awkward part being over with!! Don't worry-- chances are you'll barely see most of the people in orientation again anyway. I bet it will be better when you meet them in class.

    Sounds like you have good classes -- but man alive! if you had choir on top of all that, you wouldn't be able to breathe! And anyway, WE all know your sweet skills.

    Yes, I will revel in my last 5 whole days of freedom...

     
  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    Oh, Lisa, I cringe with you. Don't worry- it will all smooth itself out. I join Derrick in saying...GOLF?! Wow! I can't believe you are taking forty- eleven classes... I was running out of breath just reading them all. More power to ya!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home