Sha Booya

Sunday, August 21, 2005

done being a maniac

I was going to put off blogging for a little while, but then just decided i'd better do it now before things get too busy. Maine was great. I had a wonderful little break. Two funerals on one vacation, i'd say that's a record. So let me see, well Saturday I was having a panic attack because I really thought that going on a plane would make my head swell up and I was just bound to die. Thankfully I remembered that God has an endless supply of peace so I grabbed hold of some and I was fine, and I didn't die after all.
It's been a few years since being up at our camp so when I looked at it I asked my parents if they thought the neighbors were embarrassed living next to this little shack. It's pretty awesome really, wish I had a picture. It has a string of lights hanging across the front. Not just any lights, but colored owl lights from the 70's. Also a string of shell lights in the bushes. Then there are the 3 flemigos in the front, about 5 wind chimes, 8 bird feeders. It doesn't lack character, that's for sure. Inside, for those who are Napoleon Dynamite fans, Melissa said that it looks alot like his house, but a miniture version. You know, knit-nacs everywhere, floral brass pictures on the panel walls. Chairs from the 50's. And you feel like your walking up and down some slopes, especially in the kitchen area. The dining room slopes downward quite a bit. In about 5 years that camp will probably slide down into the lake. Oh and it's pretty hard core camping. All plumbing comes from the lake itself, which can make things a little difficult.
I didn't do much of anything. I think the best part was going to Fairwood for a few hours. Also having Melissa and Sara come up and visit me for the day. But other than that I went to my great aunt Ruth's burial service (never met her). We visited my uncle Russel a few times, showed him how to put his anqiue license plates on ebay and went to LLBean. Yippeee. Oh, and of course we swam in the lake a few times. When Sara and Melissa visited, we spent alot of the time collecting clams and talking alot about how we're going to steam them just for the fun of it.
The day the girls were there we were on our way to get some pizza to celebrate my birthday early. On the way there I wanted to stop at a redemption place to get rid of my cans and bottles, I was so excited! So we saw a big sign that said something something redemption here. So I went to my parent's car to ask them what I was suppose to do next and 2 girls come out and asked us if we needed help getting somewhere. I was like, "uh, no but thanks" thinking that was a little strange. I got my bags of cans and walked into the building. The 2 girls on the couch turn their heads and look at me. Oh no I thought, "Is this your house??" "yes" they said. Oops. That was embarrassing. I guess that redemption place went out of business quite a few years ago. But why have that sign still up?? Well they were nice and told me how to get to the real redemption place. And here Melissa and Sara sat in their happy little car laughing at the whole show. So anyway the pizza was really good oh and I almost got a whole $2 from the cans. That was worth it.
It was really sad to leave. I had to say more good-byes after too short of time. Then knowing that I was about to fly back down just to leap into scary college stuff. Sure enough, once we got back home it was time to go to school for the parent/student cookout. We missed the cookout part and just went to the parent orientation.
Today after church I did the scariest thing ever! I tried out for the Florida College Chorus. Oooh my. How dreadful. Actually it really wasn't that bad. I went to the school not knowing at all where to go for tryouts. Thankfully some students were just getting back from church and they pointed out where to go. I walked into the room with 4 people staring at me. I didn't know what to do, I didn't realize there was a sign up sheet on the door. Scrolling down the long list there wasn't an opening until 7pm. Oh goodness, I can't do that. I'm pretty lucky I guess, because no one was really around yet so they decided to squeeze me in. I looked at the paper and saw that I would have to sight read, or sing, or whatever you call it. I was about to walk out right then and there. The first guy came out saying, "Oh man, I never thought I sung so bad." That gave me a little encouragement. The girl came out saying that they would squeeze me in now so in I went in front of the scary music director people. First I had to do the sight singing, ugh. Then sing after the piano, then sing "This is my Father's world" w/o music. At least it was something I knew. I played that song on the guitar 100 times in bible school. Well it was over and I sighed a big sigh of relief as well the directors did too, ha. So i'll see if my name made it on "the list" or not tomorrow. As long as I get involved in something i'll be happy.
You can pray that i'll make it through the week and i'll meet the right friends. Tomorrow orientation, next day orientation, then class along with skating parties, concerts, singing, beach picnics and so just way too much social activity going on if you ask me.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    YAY LISA!!!!! I'm so excited that you tried out for the choir! I would definitely snatch you up:) And I WILL pray about you starting college and all. Don't worry - God has everything under control, and you in the palm of His hand. You have everything it takes!

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    Hey, I remember that ole camp that used to be your granddad's. It still has those vintage lights out front? I remember them! Wow! We did a vacation there like 15 years ago!

     
  • At 8:59 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    wow really? that's so awesome. I'm glad someone else knows the joy of the owls.

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    la

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home