Sha Booya

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Go Falcons!

Ha ha. I just wanna apologize to you all about my college and only college writings. I'm just so excited about it! I can't believe I made it to college. I'm only the 2nd person in my extended florida family to go in the last 30 years or so. I'm also just excited to see where it all leads to.
What is at the end of this road?? Who knows. I would of never guessed before coming to bible school that I would go for a whole 3 years, meet life long friends, go to Israel two times, and just basically have my whole life changed! So it's neat to see where the next road is going to lead.
Today was the first day of classes and it went really well. I never got lost and didn't have any nervous breakdowns. The first class ever in my college career...drum roll please....GOLF! Yessss. How exciting, you guys didn't know you knew the next Tiger Woods did you?? We didn't do anything really, he just explained what the class is going to be like and then let us go. Then there was chapel and man! those kids can sing! It was almost moving to hear everyone around me sing Lord lift me onto higher ground. Then I went on to public speaking and they even apply biblical applications to public speaking. He was all like, "In the beginning was the WORD..." so words are important you see? Then onto bible class. The teacher talked about how important the Old Testament is and that we shouldn't ever leave it out. He's really fun and my homework is to read the bible tonight, I think I can handle that. Yeah, and basically I've heard everything that he said before, thanks Mr. M. So that was that. Oddly enough I think the most exciting part of the whole college experience is having my own on campus mail box! What can I say? I'm my father's daughter.
So thankyou everyone for your prayers. It's been so encouraging going to this school, meeting alot of christian people. I'm really impressed with how the school operates all and all, it just like bible school all over again, except 500 more students. Singing and chapel everyday, prayers at the beginning or end of classes and biblical applications being thrown at you all the time.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    HURRAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear your first day went so splendidly! Praise the Lord and may He continue to bless you! I want to come visit you at college and then maybe join you! :) I love day dreaming about it anyway even if it doesn't happen.... I LOVE YOU

     
  • At 2:20 AM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    YAY LISA!!! I am so, so glad that things are going so well. College is awesome! I can't wait to hear further exploits. Ahhh, college days...

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    Awright! You're so lucky to be at a Christian school. I can hardly imagine!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home