Sha Booya

Friday, September 16, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things

How sad that all my peoples are back in bible school and I'm not there with them. The blogging and IMing now come to a halt. To cheer me up I'll write a few of my recent favorite things in life.
* Cold sweet iced tea
* Picking out tile to lay in the kitchen to match the freshly painted walls
* Singing unfamiliar hymns in chapel while everyone else around me sounds like Josh Groban's and Charolette Church's
* Golf
* Looking at all the posters in class of the Sea of Galiee, Garden of Gethsemane and the panoramic shot of Jerusalem and thinking, "I've been to all those places"
* Knowing quite a bit about the twelve tribes when everyone else in the room seem a little lost
* Being the last group to finish science lab, everytime
* Doing my research paper on great white sharks
* Plugging in a just bought wall flower air freshener
* Going to Arete meeting and being completely lost in their lil' group cheer, "Arete, smartay, always winning, always grinning, always having fun! GOOOOOOO RIVER RATS!" (??)
* Last but certainly not least hanging with my mom and recently writing down some of her quotes....
It all started with this one. "Do you think you can look under my bed to see if you can find any peanut butter?"
It was a great laugh getting on my hands and knees to look under the bed for some lost groceries. We were actually collecting different canned foods to donate to the victims of Katrina and mom thought that they would of course want some peanut butter.
"Maybe...they went....somewhere." This is the answer I get when I ask her where she thinks my aunt and uncle could be when my cousin was trying to get a hold of them. Yeah thanks, real helpful.
"Think I could sell my teeth?" Mom asked me this as we were pulling up into the parking space in front of the pawn shop.
"My nose feels like a sand pit." This just happened today. She was rubbing her nose inspecting it because she recently got skin cancer cut off of her nose.
"Come to your little mama Bobby Lou." Apparently the son that i'm going to have is named Bobby Lou. She said this out of the blue as we discussed the huge house i'm going to own and she is going to be over there all the time baby sitting my kids, and the favorite grandson, Bobby Lou.
Well this is all I got for the moment. And I realize that these might not make any sense to those of you who don't know my mom at all. But I know a few of you know where I'm going with this. Happy Sabbath!!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    this blog you wrote is hilarious... I need to see your mom when she says those things...otherwise she seems kinda wild...:)
    Tile in the kitchen! Wow! are you gonna paint or do something to the outside of the building too!?
    I want to see your house again! You've done alot to it! Exciting!

    Shabbat Shalom to you too!

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    outside of the house? No we won't go that far. I need to finish painting the kitchen actually. There's one wall left. You should come visit again sometime. Maybe next summer :)

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    I love your Mom!!!

     
  • At 11:54 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    Hahaha. I laughed so hard at all your mom's quotes! That was great.

    Ah, yes, the feeling of Bible School starting up and you not being there for the first time in a while...how well I remember that feeling. It was extreme for me because I drove out to work at the bank every morning when everyone else was going to work meeting and breakfast: SO WEIRD!!!

     
  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    Yeah I remember those days. Not when you were leaving in the morning but when you came to dinner and someone commented to you about how afternoon work beats sitting in front of a computer all day and I like, hmmm he must be a bussiness man or something.

     
  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    I don't know what to say, for fear of getting bogged down in a quagmire of unknown depths :)

    So, those were funny :). I laughed. *feels very safe*

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger lis said...

    Hee hee hee! :O)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home