Sha Booya

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Midnight Madness


Ah. I can sigh a sigh of relief now that the week is over. The bible, history and english tests are over. My informative speech is done with, the kitchen and bath tile have been laid and Midnight Madness passed without anyone getting too hurt. This is one of my friends getting ready for the big event. Midnight Madness is when all the societies meet together in the gym and show off their stuff. We played games like tug a war, and the bat relay race when you spin around the bat ten times and try to run back as quick as you can to your team. That was a funny sight. We loss at both of these.The basketball team was introduced to us and we watched them play a game. Then came the big moment. The moment when the societies show their cheers. We've been practicing for weeks. Our cheer was involving Star Wars and we were pretending to be the vast and might society or empire and had a fighting screen between us and the bad guys (the other societies). At the end of the night we gathered together to sing some hymns. I start hearing my group behind me yelling to everyone to stop and call a doctor. Some of us stop and look to see what's going on and lo and behold an Arete girl was on the floor. She had fainted! Eyes glazed over and everything. I don't blame her, I wanted to faint myself because it was getting a little stuffy and hot among the vast crowd. But she woke up and all was well.

Freaky, isn't it? And as for the tile it's finally done! All week we've had our whole kitchen moved into the living room. It's been a bit crowded. Then when the tile was laid in the bathroom the toilet was moved into the shower, so I haven't had a bathroom all week. Then we couldn't walk in the kitchen for a day or two so we never knew what to do for food. Well it's all over now and it looks sooo much better. I'll kinda miss the spanish tile guys. It was fun to have some different culture in this house hold. They even brought over some of their family. Actually it was just because he needed a ride over here, so they brought him. Adios Amigos.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    Hey You'll have to get married so I have an excuse to come down and visit so I can see your house! Awesome! Wow! you got it goin' girl! Fixin' up everythang! Cool beans. That's exciting, make's me smile!
    Hey nice makeup that's cool! I love face paint!

     
  • At 8:00 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Ok, that second pix just freaks me out! I still am having a hard time believing it is actually you. Brrr.

    And good job on getting your bathroom and kitchen back :)

     
  • At 8:30 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    Gotta agree with Ryu there Shay. That is a very freaky picture. You'll have to post some pics of the tiles, so all us yankees up here will have an idea of what they look like.

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Just to let you know, it doesn't get better with time :) I am still just as freaked tonite as last. Lol...

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    Ha, you're funny. Maybe I should change the picture before too many others get freaked out as well. Don't look at it again or you'll have nightmares.

     
  • At 3:56 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Nah, just post alot! lol...

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    popular?? HA! A few friends are all I ask in life.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home