Sha Booya

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Quotes, Banquet, and a random ?

More mom quotes...

"Lets see if I can clear some of my clutter." Mom and me were sitting in the drive-thru for the bank and as we wait she decides to clean her purse out. She says this as she pulls out 6 medical gloves that she always brings home from work.

"I just need a loaf of bread with a stereo."

"Can you smell my feet and tell me if they smell like gas?" This was too funny how it sounded. Well earlier that day she somehow spilt gas on her feet when she was filling up the car.

Dad finds a pinecone in the yard and attempts to throw it in the trash but mom came to its rescue, "Don't throw it away, the grandkids can play with it." Anyone up for a painful game of catch? Well she was actually thinking that the kids can create little christmas trees with them, so if they start saving up pinecones now they'll have enough to make crafts in 10 years...again...the whole grandkid thing??

Ok, enough of that. So I was scared to post this picture of me and only me but I finally decided to do it (I'll just make it really small). So here I am at the Fall Banquet. It was on Friday night at a beautiful hotel and I had a lovely time. Everyone got all prettied up and sat at a table with 12 other people. Some of the teachers spoke, we sang hymns, watched a slide show and listened to live music as we ate. Then of course took alot pictures. I following my friend around as she hopped from one person to the next because I think she thought I was her personal photographer for the evening.

Has anyone ever donated plasma? Well I'm doing it tomorrow for some gas money. I'll let you know how it goes.

The End.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    First off, your mom seems to be hinting at something for you :) lol.

    About plasma, you should check with Wes, or 999 as he's known around blogland, cause I think he has either done it or looking into it. You could compare notes and see who had a worse time, to earn bragging rights :)

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    If plasma is the same as platelets, I have. Be prepared for it to take quite a while. Other than that it is about the same as giving blood. One cool fact, dress warm because you will get chilly. Your blood is outside long enough that it cools down so you get chilled when it comes back in.

    Nice pic, by the way.

     
  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    yeah the whole thing about the blood coming back into me freaks me out. I think it is pretty much the same thing. I wasn't able to do it today just because I didn't have my SS number so I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

     
  • At 6:24 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    ~I love your mom. Still.

    ~You're so beautiful!!!

    ~was this the crazy pencil friend?

     
  • At 2:08 AM , Blogger Marie said...

    Some of your mom comments made me laugh outloud...not just short little laughs...but a little longer than that. She's soo funny!
    She's so funny! I love laughing when I mean it and I'm not being polite. I meant it tonight. I like how you ended your blog and said "The End." It's so you.I can imagine you saying that:) You look lovely in the pic!

     
  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    2 am Marie! No wonder you laughed so such. You act like you're in college or something. =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home