Sha Booya

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving


Last Sunday in church we wrote out a list of things we were thankful for and shared them with one another. Let me see if I can recall my list...
First of all, I'm thankful to be home for thanksgiving! It's been 4 years since I've spent Thanksgiving with the family. Last 3 year's dinners were spent at NJ and RI. Then 4 years ago I was just remembering that I had to work that day. So yay for not having a job or being away! And I am very grateful to the families for inviting me to their Thanksgiving dinners, it was such a blessing to go to a home away from home.
I am also thankful for college. Tuesday, after the last class before break, I got all blothpicky heading home. I actually missed school! Or it might of been that usually this time of year I'm packing up and going somewhere exciting, and instead I get to drive 2 miles down the rode like I do everyday and that's it, this is the break. All the other students pack up and drive/fly away home. But that's ok..Oh yeah, school. School is going so well. I've had my points when I just wanted to run away and go to the nearest community college, but then I have other days where I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'm just so blessed and forget it all the time. Like one evening some of us from school went downtown and had a picnic at a university, and I was walking around wishing that I could go to a big school like that. Then the students of that school started to emerge and when I listened to how they talk and act it reminded me to be thankful for the school God has lead me to, at least I don't have to ever put up with that kind of behavior. This semester I've only heard one cuss word, and the occasional immature remarks or singing during chapel. That's it! I would of done anything to be in that kind of environment during high school. In high school I had to deal with language every minute, skimpy clothes, fights breaking out in the cafeteria, crude behavior, bathrooms catching on fire because people tossing their lit up weed or cigarettes in the trashcan, etc..........Sorry for the tangent.
Now I'm out of time, but Praise the Lord for the thorns as well as the roses.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Claire said...

    Hurray for counting the blessings! I love Thanksgiving posts. I wish more people had done them!!

     
  • At 1:05 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    happy day after thanksgiving. glad u are learning to appreciate the thorns in the roses...

     
  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    I am thankful for you, for getting to know you better when I came down to Fla. to visit. That was cool:)
    Yeah when I went to Public school it'd even effect my thought life. After being out of that you don't have the same crud going around in your head.
    It's amazing what gets in your head if you're around it...
    Thank God for healthy, christian places!

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Man, I keep looking at that turkey and am getting hungry for thanksgiving all over again...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home