Sha Booya

Friday, November 18, 2005

Giddy about Golf

Last night the school put on the play Harvey. Ahh, I just love it. I watched it for the first time at the old Tampa Theater last summer with my dad on father's day and it was so good. I was excited to hear that FC was going to perform it. So... I would say that it was the best $3 I've ever spent. The funny parts were when they replaced liquor terms, in the orginal movie, with cajun wings. The part where Jimmy Stewart lights up a cigerette is replace with eating orginal glazed donuts. Ahh..the joys of going to a christian school.
Oh and I haven't donated plasma yet. After searching 3 different places for the donation center, I didn't even have the right paper work so I couldn't do it that day. It was a failed mission.
This afternoon my parents and I were going to go out to eat at Carraba's and mom mentioned how she wished the place had butter for the bread instead of just the olive oil you dip it in. Well we went there and it wasn't going to open until 4, so we went to some other Italian restaurant. The food was really good and we had a wonderful time. It was the same idea about the bread. No butter, just oil. So lo and behold I glance up and mom is buttering her bread from a stick of butter she stored away in her purse (at least it was in a ziplock bag). So I thought that was pretty funny and threatened her of putting this in my blog. Well, it's not like she cares so it wasn't much of a threat. I'm sure she feels clever about the whole butter idea and wants the world to do the same. So there is a solution for you antidipping people. Pro-Spread!
In other news...In about 3 weeks there will be a golf tournament. We have had unsuccessful attempts at softball and football and now the golf season lays heavily apon us. Or more like heavily apon me. There can be only 4 on the team and guess what?? No one wants to sign up. Well, I've been looking forward to this all year so I was the first one on the list and I guess some other guy finally gave in and decided to do the martyr role and sign. Great! 2 people. Well pa-shaw on all those who are missing out on such a great opportunity. I already have started to practice my putting skills in golf class and am going to start playing some real games this week. Now I want to go to the store and get some lil golfing shoes and gloves and hire my own personal caddy and golf cart driver. hehehe. Ok, I'm becoming giddy. I bid you good night.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Oh Lisa, I love your blog so much! I love you, I love your family, I love your school, I love that you golf! Great post:)

     
  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Well, I must say, your mom seems to be a very practical woman when it comes to getting what she wants, lol :)

    As for the whole golf thing, well, I'll just keep my mouth shut and give a little electronic encouraging wave. heh, heh, heh...

     
  • At 7:48 AM , Blogger Claire said...

    I know what you mean about threatening people with putting their actions on the blog...and it not doing much good...:) I love the butter episode. Great stuff. Those are the things that happy family memories are made of!

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Cara said...

    hahaha! I told my whole family about the butter in the purse. We all thought it was awesome. I am SO impressed that you do golf! I have been doing so little blogging recently, that I'd forgotten all about you doing that. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home