Sha Booya

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

break and such

Thanksgiving Break!!! is so over. But it was really awesome! This week at school I crave for people not just to ask how my break was but what I did during the break. But no one ever did so I had to tell them to ask me.
So some friends came down from NJ and PA (hint hint) so my fellow graduate and I had our 5 month reunion. They joined my family on Thanksgiving and we had a good time. I forgot how crowded our Thanksgivings were. I also forgot how our family makes way too much food every time. We had 3 turkeys, and like 15 different kinds of pie. That night I went down to Apollo Beach and stayed there the rest of my break. The next day we went sailing! I had never even been on a sailboat before and then suddenly I was steering and sailing all by my little self. I almost capsized at the very beginning but balanced myself out and then bursted forth into the water. Four of us were out there shooting the breeze. Really there wasn't much of a breeze, but just enough to learn on and have a little fun.
The day after that I did just what this picture shows. I got into a wicked tight unbreathable wetsuit, put on my neon flippers and bonded with a calf just like this one. I was kinda intimatidated by the huge adult manatees so I chilled out with the baby. They love to be rubbed on their stomachs and in their armpits if you ever get the chance to swim with them. I was swimming with Jeff and Kathy towards the deep part where the spring is and suddenly a huge 6 foot tarpon emerged out of the deep with its mouth gaping open. My heart skipped a beat but I was surprised at how calm I was. Then we snorkled around in another spring, no manatees, but it was a beautiful spot. The water was warmish and very clear.
Anyways...back to school again. When I mentioned how I swam with the manatees some gave me a puzzled look. Oh yeah, their not from florida so some didn't know what they looked like and we had to google it. Today was my golf tournament. It was pretty anticlimatic having found out about it just today that it was going to be today. I was planning on practicing real games and everything but never got the chance. Me and my friend Jane were the only girls that showed up. They put me in a group of 3 and we had alot of fun. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the course. I got bit up so bad by stupid mosquitoes. It was a nice warm night, kinda muggy because it rained all day yesterday. Well I didn't do so hot, but its been like 4 years since I've played a game. So I feel like I'm being very vague right now and I'm too lazy and tired to get into detail. Peace out.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:04 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    Your friends from NJ and PA? You mean the ones no one ever sees or hears from? Glad you caught a glimpse of them...I was beginning to wonder if they had ceased to exist. (that is to say, I miss them...)

    Hahaha. Mosquitoes in November! Who said living in a warmer climate was nice? And three turkeys? Ay caramba!

     
  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Marie said...

    What did you do with all the left overs from 3 turkeys?
    Swimming with manatees, cool beans...hmmm, I'd probably chill with the baby too, what's a tarpoon, sounds like and looks like harpoon...
    Keep up the golfin... I've never hardly done "real" golfin...
    So you say it's fun.

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    3 turkeys!?!?

    Oh my goodness! and manatees? my goodness, what a time.

    and you already know my feelings about "golf", lol...

     
  • At 9:35 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    ARRRGFVIVAOEIRTUQ@(#RFUDVA!!! (That was my sound of jealous glee over your manatee picture). I don't know what it is... swimming with manatees seems like such a beautifully mysterious thing for some reason, and that baby one makes all my animal-loving cells leap back to life. Weird. I think I used to dream about forming lasting friendships with cute baby animals when I was younger, and your story is bringing it all back... I hope they're not extinct by the time I get down there again! SAVE THE MANATEES! :)

     
  • At 2:00 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    That sounds like a pretty awesome break. As for the three turkeys all I can say is that I'm jeaous.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home