Sha Booya

Monday, January 15, 2007

A fun Buffalo Avenue Day

Tuuurtle.
So my mom likes to call Martin King Jr. Day Buffalo Avenue Day instead because the street that's by my house called Martin Luther King Jr. used to be called Buffalo Ave. Ok anyways...Kimberly and I wanted to have a fun day together since we never really get to do much because of classes and nonstop h/w. So first we went to the Florida Aquarium.



This seahorse almost made me cry because it was so cute. Not just because it's a seahorse, but because it was slowly drifting down..down..down the tank, and on another sea creature of some sort no less. I didn't even notice it was a real live creature until I saw the picture on the computer. I thought he was just catching a ride on twig.

I put these sea dragons up for Claire and Andrea =)


Then Kim and I went to see the Extreme Makeover house they are building in Tampa. So thats an exciting story. On Saturday some of my family and me went to see the house. It was almost done and they were about to move in the furniture. We didn't see anyone famous like Ty (he wasn't even there that day) but it was still neat to watch. Then Leah was interviewed about coming out and seeing the action and it was on the news later that night! Coolness. Here is the house. Oh by the way, the old house was ruined when a small airplane flew right into their home and thankfully no one was in the house at the time. So here it is.



And here is Leah (and sleeping Jeremiah) getting interviewed by ABC news. This show airs on March 4th, 8pm so make sure you see it!! Maybe you'll see me in the background. Ok, go out and shoot you some buffalo!

10 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    Swell pictures Lis! Thanks for a fun Buffalo Avenue Day! :)

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger Claire said...

    WOW! Thanks for the sea dragon pic! It warmed the cockles of my heart!

    And that is so cooool that you got to see the Extremem Makeover house! Man- you guys have an exciting life...

    I love the new name for MLK Day!

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    I have to say, I like the new name for MLKJ day too. Much easier to say. Hope it catches on and becomes a national trend.

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    I'm all for the change too!

    and nice pix...

     
  • At 6:25 PM , Blogger Mrs. RF said...

    Yeah..nice pics, and glad you had such a fun day!

     
  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    Wow... there are just so many things to respond to. At first glance, KJ looks a lil like me in that top picture and it really weirds me out. Your mom cracks me up once again, and the seahorses are amazing (I love that you almost cried), and WOW you are still so famous. I love you!

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger Adam said...

    Hey, glad i could catch-up on your blog(at least the 1st page)...So, the little baby is your 1st cousin once removed, right, very cute!!!check out my blog, I've got some new stuff on it(www.maineiac1985.blogspot.com)
    Adam

     
  • At 2:25 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    AHHHHH! I love the leafy sea dragons! And all the other pics, too. Thank you! And great, entertaining post!

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Oh, and KJ told me about the "Buffalo Avenue Day" change, and I thought it was super funny! Yay for your mom!

     
  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger Cara said...

    I thought Kimberley was Claire when I saw that first picture. When Melissa mentioned that KJ looks like her, I checked back, and sure enough, she looks like her too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home