Sha Booya

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Watching the dogs and school

The day after vacation I house-sat and dog-sat for this lady my mom works with at the hospital. It was great fun running the house and pretending to live on my own for a while. She has 5 dogs and 4 cats. The dogs are all inside and they are a handle full. Well, not really, but compared to my one little cat. I mentioned before that I was scared about sleeping with all of them, but I ended up sleeping with only 3. The little one, sparkles, kept wanted to get under the covers, and once I let him and he turned around and poked his head out like a human and kept sighing these sighs of relief. One had legs so short he couldn't jump on the bed so he cried and cried until I finally lifted him up and then he cried louder. Once he got settled it was ok. The older one laid at the foot of the bed and the two others were content on the floor thankfully! Well I just wanted to briefly mention that just in case anyone was wondering how that all went. It went very well and I'll probably be doing this again once a year or so for this lady.
In other news, school started today. My first class was kickboxing at 8am. We didn't do any labor yet, just introduction stuff. Then I had a break until chapel. Kimberly and I walked there and took our assigned seats next to each other. We sang "Higher Ground," a well known hymn, and it was nice to be singing that next to her again, since bible school. All our classes were in the same building today for the rest of the day, then we came back to my house for lunch. The rest of the day went well. My voice class got cancelled and then I had old testament poetry left. I'm leaving out alot of details. I suddenly feel very tired! Here is just a quit update. I'll be back with more =)

6 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger Marie said...

    the dog's were a "handle full;)" I think it's a handful;) made me smile... boy your stories about the small dogs that slept with you were really funny! Made me laugh...I was laughing quietly but it still made me laugh. There's a nother person in the room so I laughed quietly...

    I wanna go to school too...please....
    :) Wow, school is already started for you!

     
  • At 4:43 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    no, thats how we say handful down south see. =p j/k

     
  • At 11:24 PM , Blogger CKS said...

    KICKBOXING???

    Are you sure you're in college down there? What next? :-)

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    NICE!!!! I think some sort of martial art should be mandatory for all women. Hope you learn a lot :-)

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

    I've heard of doggy days but doggy nights...??? 8~)

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    Joining the chorus of exclamations about kickboxing! Maybe next time you see bethany you can surprise her with a roundhouse. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home