Sha Booya

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Terror of the Fleas

Hey everyone. It might be just me, but I think this is the most hilarious picture of my cat ever. I was laying on my bed and looked down at her and saw her all curled up in her bag peer at me through the hole. I had to laugh out loud because it just struck me as so cute.

Moving on...So this week I worked and yesterday I got my first paycheck from working with my director! I was pretty excited. But I had to hand it over to mom because i'm still in debt to her =/ Working for her was great. It's just been alot of fun and laid back. I cleaned her house on Wednesday and it was fun cuz I had the house all to my self. The husband has been telling me about how bad the fleas are in their yard since their dog died last week. I didn't really believe him about how bad he described it until yesterday. I just walked to their door and they called me over to the other door. I went inside and waited for Grace to get off the phone. After a few minutes I looked down and I was covered...COVERED in fleas!! They were crawling all over my jeans and working up to my shirt. It was terrible. I had a minor panic attack, went outside and started brushing them off. But when I brushed them off more would jump on. Well I got most of them off after a while, went back inside and spent the next 2 hours picking them off one by one. Then I kept feeling them all over after that. Ugh. It was really bad folks. I mean you go outside and suddenly you have a black leg. It was really that awful. They were sorta embarassed and felt really bad. After all, they were just jumping on me for some reason. Her husband went out there to spray them down so it was safe to go to my car after work. So thats my story.
Other then that I went to shapes total fitness with my friend (we do this about every 2 weeks)and sell MK. I was finally brave enough to go to the locker room and get the ladies some satin hands treatment by the sinks. At first they were like, oh my why is this girl bugging me, but after they did the treatment they were like, wow! how much is this stuff?? It's amazing. Then suddenly I wouldn't feel so weird about squirting potions and lotions at this total stranger.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    WOW! You're so brave to do the whole squirting lotions n' potions at strangers thing. I'm impressed.

    UGH. FLEAS. GROOOOOSS.

    That picture of your cat is so funny. It is quite ARRESTING. It looks like she has halved oranges in her eyes.

     
  • At 11:20 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    Did you lurk in lockers and leap out screaming "LOTIONS AND POTIONS!" whenever someone came the sink? I would have. [this is why I couldn't sell MK...]

    FLEAS, now? Why are you so attractive to gross bugs? I think you're like the Vermin Whisperer or something.

     
  • At 2:14 AM , Blogger Marie said...

    that picture's funny:)...you're funny:)
    yuck fleas,not funny:(

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

    I love those NEON eyes!!!
    May I suggest you Flee the Fleas?! 8~D

     
  • At 11:32 AM , Blogger Zaccheus said...

    I see how it is; now that I am not there in Florida to defend Colorful Colarado all you do is insult my homeland.

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    MELBROWN! "Vermin Whisperer!" I love it! How do you come UP with these things? Man! ( Sighs a jealous sigh.)

     
  • At 11:58 PM , Blogger ethan demme said...

    that is an awesome picture :-)

     
  • At 9:07 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    YEAH! FLEAS!! What happy memories! :) That pic is awesome too... almost as good as the fleas. And you crack me up with your lotions and potion! Way to go!
    I'm looking forward to seeing you if I can get scholarships... in which case, I need to get back to being productive in looking online... whoo.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home