Sha Booya

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

Well it's that time of year again. The time when it gets cool enough to get out in the garage and get rid of some junk. Last year over Christmas break we cleaned the right side of the garage and that was enough work for the year. Friday we attempted to clean the left side which has alot more stuff to sort through. We got a late start so didn't accomplish all that much except filling 5 trash bags. Last year we filled 15. A majority of that stuff hasn't even been looked at since we moved in the house in 1992, so you can just imagine the goodies we find. Such as this lovely mouse skeleton that apparently died as it was eating through the cookbook.

Let this be a reminder to us of the consequences of gluttony.
My cousin found a diary that I had when I was 7 or something and page after page said how I love cats, how I love my friends, how I love my cousin (who found the diary) and love, love, love. I used to be such a loving little person. So we didn't get the whole side cleared out but we did make a hole and maybe, just maybe some day we'll be able to fit a car in there! Wow, I just can't imagine it.

I just love this cat! She grants such joy to our quiet little house hold. This is one of her favorite napping spots, right on top of a plastic bag. Not exactly what I would think of as a comfortable sleeping spot, but whatever floats her boat.
Changing the subject again..I'm going to have another visitor! Melissa is flying in tomorrow and we're going to hang out here for a few days then road trip up to GA then i'll leave her there and drive back home in time for school. God is good! Two visitors within one holiday break. God bless.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM , Blogger Booker said...

    You know, how come it seems like it is always you who finds all these school skeletal remains and whatnot? All I can say is LUCKY!

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger Booker said...

    Ahem, please ignore the *school* and mentally insert *cool* :)

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    too cool for school D

     
  • At 12:12 AM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    You are so funny:) I love it! And I'm SO glad Melissa and you get to get together. What fun! Have an awesome time. Next time I want to come, though!

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Lol...

     
  • At 2:19 AM , Blogger Marie said...

    "I used to be such a loving little person." Hey maybe you are still a loving little person...you wrote about the cat in the pic"I just love this cat!" Maybe there still is that sweet I love everything Lisa still deep inside of you. Don't deny the inner child...
    jk...I'm just teasing. I got rid of 3 garbage bagfuls of stuff at least out of my room.
    That skeleton looks big... boy you could keep collecting gruesome pics of animals after they are decesed and write a book of moral for kids, like the moral about the mouse and gluttony... what would the moral be for the lizard that got stuck in the garage door...you know the one you had a pic for a while back?..."timings everything?" um, "stay out of trouble" "look both ways"... what d'ya think?

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    Oh, I LOVE that picture of the mouse skeleton and the cookbook! What irony! That should win some award or something.

    Aren't childhood journals a riot?

    Looking forward to seeing you soon!

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    Dare I make a crack about you still being little, if not loving? :-)

    Great picture of the mouse skeleton.
    How in the world can you fit twenty bags of junk into one garage? And still not be done? Yikes.

     
  • At 4:32 AM , Blogger lis said...

    You could sell the pic! Somewhere...say, a website for middle school boys. Or maybe boys period. Any age. Delightfully gross and ironic.

    Hooray for you! You are such a brave woman to clean out all that stuff!

    Can I come see you, too? ;O)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home