Sha Booya

Friday, December 23, 2005

It's late


Break has been going very well for me. First of all this is my new kitty Naomi. She likes the computer just as much as I do. It has been a joy having her in our family. She brings a fresh wave of joy and stress in the household. The joy is when she curls up on the couch with me to watch a movie and when she leaps a few feet in the air like a lemer at the sound of nothing. The stress is when she attacks everything on the bottom end of the Christmas tree. My poor tree has nothing on the bottom of it because everything attacked has been moved up to the top where the cat can't reach. So it's looking a lil unbalanced, so I don't like to look at it much.
Towards the end of last week Elizabeth from the hills came to visit me. Another fresh wave of joy and stress. Just kidding about the stress part, but we shared lots of joy going out to a cuban restaurant where she dared to try yuka (some kind of root) and also dared to ride the roller coaster at Busch Gardens that shoots 90 degrees downward that I have yet been able to ride. She went on with me! That made my day. Another thing she dared to do with me was to play golf. I took her to the driving range and was happy to see my coach there because he gave us a good discount. She never tried golf before and said towards the end that she was very humbled by the sport. We had a good time. I would hit the ball and hear her swing 9 times and finally on the 10th time she hit the ball and it bounced 3 feet in front of her. Oh the joy. But really...she did get the hang of it and did rather well because I wasn't hearing her swing at the air anymore but saw the ball sail through the air. So lets give a hand to all the brave activities she took on without much hesitation.
While she was in town the church had their Christmas program. Two members of the church and I have been working for weeks trying to set up a marionette show for the church. I suggested we do the play "Gifts for Madge and Guy" like the bible school did last year at the dessert banquet. Here is a picture of the marionettes and the stage set up as a little town. The play itself went pretty well and plan on doing a few more performances.


Today it was about 60 degrees. I went to Busch Gardens and people were bundled up like they were going skiing. I just don't understand these Florida people anymore. Here I was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt and wanting to go on water rides. My cousins thought I was coo-coo. Later on we went to Chuch-E-Cheese to my friend Amber's daughter's b-day party. I beat her brother, boyfriend, and cousin in the basketball game they have there. Hurray for the high on the pedestal moments in life. Here is a pic of Amber and me. She has been my buddy since art class in 11th grade.


Merry Christmas everyone! I'm excited =)

6 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Well, sounds like you 2 had yourselves a merry time :)

    All I can say is thankgoodness for friends who have wireless... :)

     
  • At 9:03 PM , Blogger melrandall said...

    This post made me laugh numerous times and made me even more excited about seeing you soon! Your cat looks like a possessed computer hacker, but I can imagine that she's cute in real life...especially if she jumps like a lemur.

    I think your show should go on the road and you should perform at the convention -- I'm sure the marionettes will fit in the overhead compartment.

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    Merry Christmas!!!!

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    Hurray for Lisa and Eliza!! I'm so glad to hear a report of what exciting adventures you two had and I'm happy for you both!

    I can't believe your marionettes! I am so amazed! And Madge and Guy!?!?! That is So awesome! I just watched our rendition of it recently! You were so cute! :)

    I love you and hope you had as wonderful a Christmas as I did!

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger drewey fern said...

    Elizabeth I certainly applaud you for going on that roller coaster! You are a better woman than I.

    And Lisa, I'm SO glad you finally got to go. I've always felt a little guilty for not going with you that time, because I knew you wanted to so much. Sigh. So hurrah for this little dream come true:)

     
  • At 5:03 PM , Blogger TripleNine said...

    Nice looking cat. Maybe I'll have to come down and see it sometime. If you're lucky it will have psycho mental abilites and solve all sorts of mysteries like Coco.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home