Sha Booya

Monday, January 16, 2006

Correct Form: the foundation of a good bowler

The first week back to school went good. I love all my professors and I am assigned a chapel seat by friends! Hurray. It has always been kinda stressful before sitting in between 2 girls I didn't know and trying to come up with something to talk about a minute before the singing and chapel began. Now I can relax because i'm among friends and who cares if we have great discussions or not. The best incident of all this week was when I hit my leg with the bowling ball in bowling class. I never really knew my form was all wrong. So it was my turn to bowl and I wanted to do it right.. when it came to the letting go of the ball part (um..i.e. bowling) my brain and legs were fighting each other and I didn't know what to do. So at the last second somehow the ball smacked my leg and rolled gracefully into the gutter. That is what happens in the awkward stage of bowling form correction and you can really hurt yourself in the process... *sigh*. Now I have a huge, awesome bruise on the back of my leg. Alright, well the holiday (I actually got it off today!!) is over now so I shall go read about America or psychology or music or possibly the correct way to bowl.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger Claire said...

    I love the part about your brain and legs fighting each other...Hee hee hee! Okay- get all educated about bowling b/c the next time you come up to GA to visit we can all go bowling and you can teach us The Correct Way...

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger lis said...

    Funny girl! :O) And a well-written post, too...

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    You know, I thot I had heard it all, until this post. Absolutely hilarious! Well, now I have learned something for today, yes Virginia, there is a correct way to bowl...

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger Shay Dawg said...

    Ryu you seem to always say, I thought I heard it all, when you comment on my posts. Maybe I live a unique and special life =0

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger Booker said...

    You know, I have to admit, I have seen and read about more "unique" things on your blog than most others. Maybe it is because your a weirdo southerner, lol, just kidding. You're right tho, I do seem to say that alot. Hmm, maybe I need to update my "automatic" responses or something :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home